Thursday, June 16, 2011

So far so good

They evacuated up to but not including our street yesterday. They evacuated the opposite side of the road. Today the winds are supposed to be 30mph with 35mph gusts and blowing towards our house. The fire would have to jump a five lane highway and travel about 1/2 mile to get to my house. Could happen but it's looking like it won't.
Even though they didn't evacuate us we still left and stayed with our Pastor. They are asking for people to evacuate early if possible. I am back home - I like to see what is going on first hand because there are hourly updates on the radio and updates on the local newspaper's internet site but the updates are not very good. The radio updates are the same every hour and don't really give any info and the website is pretty sporadic on when they post an update. I will stay here until I am kicked out or it starts looking too bad.
The fire yesterday and today are on a mountain directly across from my house - maybe a mile away.
Life is kind of at a stand still right now for us. Nothing to do but sit and wait.
Last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment